Tuesday, January 07, 2014
1. Get your hands on a VHS case - as a last resort there's always http://www.ebay.com.
2. Find and print a suitably cool cover from somewhere like http://serialkillercalendar.com/VHSWASTELAND/VHS-WASTELAND-SEPTEMBER-17.html.
3. Make yourself very familiar with the location of your femoral artery.
4. Use something sharp to hollow out the VHS case and make holes for cables.
5. Use foam tape (the stuff used to weather seal around doors and windows) to provide impact protection and make a nice snug fit for your pad.
6. Put a bit of Blu-Tac in there - it can be used to make the pad sit at the right angle for desktop viewing.
Add a USB hub, a full sized keyboard and a mouse; If you shop carefully, you have something you can actually do useful stuff with (like post to blogs) for less than $100.
Posted by Chris at 11:52 am